This site is fully developed using the Site Builder Software Content Management System. It is based on the Quick Site formatting and the default Cascading Style Sheet (CSS).
You can build Site Builder Software Site Code for your site using our online Try Site Builder Software or Download Site Builder Software and run it on your computer (you will need files packaged in this download to build your web site). Use the Quick Site function to build Site Code for your web site and within minutes you will have a web site up and running just like this.
This site applies the default basic style but still incorporates a range of features provided by the Site Builder Software Content Management System that are available to a site visitor:
- It includes an automatically generated Menu and Navigation structure displayed at the left.
- Generates a dynamic RSS Feed for the Latest Site changes with an RSS Feed link to the RSS XML file at the bottom of each page.
- The site RSS Feed is displayed below the Menu on the left so site visitors can easily see the latest changes.
- Automatically generates unique page Titles, as well as Keyword and Description Meta Tag values for each page.
- Includes Valid XHTML and Valid CSS links at the bottom of each page to quickly validate page coding to ensure it is error free.
- Provides a Print link at the bottom of each page for ease of Item printing.
- Displays the date of last modification below each item.
Additional features are explained and demonstrated throughout this site. My Site Builder Styles provides some examples including a Horizontal Menu. Other sites powered by the Site Builder Software Content Management System such as the Panamuna Outrigger Canoe Club site also highlight a range of possible structures, applications and site development techniques.
Specific examples, techniques and applications can be accessed from the menu links on the left. They provide information relating directly to Site Builder Software as well as general web site development.
Why should I Build a Web Site?
There a many ways you can gain an internet presence, and many organisations ready to help you ... for a price. However building your own site, with you own domain, has substantial advantages over having a web developer build a site for you, using a standard a template based site, or setting up a straight blog...
- You own the site and the site content. You are in control and are not trapped into using any particular service provider. As long as you maintain your domain registration it is yours.
- You have complete flexibility, you are not tied to someone else's schedule or availability.
- You can easily maintain your site adding current and up to date content.
- Your site is expandable, quickly and easily.
- By being involved in your site you will gain understanding and skills allowing you to make better decisions relating to how you use the internet.
- Knowledge also makes you less susceptible to web developers and marketers of questionable expertise (...and there are lots). Knowledge is power.
- It will allow you to leverage the internet...providing a very high return on investment.
- It is cheap and excellent value.
- By taking control your site will tend to be more content focused (because that is your area of expertise) as opposed to just looking pretty (which is nice but probably not what your visitors came to your site for).
- It is easy.
How do I Build a Web Site?
Three basic steps
- Select a domain name ie mydomain.com and register it. Registration is often included as part of a web hosting package.
- Select a hosting company, for a monthly fee they will provide you with space on their server which is connected to the internet. This is where your web pages will live.
- Create and upload your web site files to your host server. If you are using Site Builder Software this is as simple as uploading the Site Code files and adding Content directly from your browser.
To build a Site Code based web site your server host must support php. If you do not currently have a hosting company we use and recommend IX Web Hosting. IX Web Hosting provide a range of reliable and economical hosting packages (from $3.95 / month), all with php support and including free domain registration.